Zones is based on the popular Zones of Regulation Concept to foster self-regulation for students who struggle with managing their emotions and sensory needs. The Zones framework provides strategies to teach students to become more aware of and independent in controlling their emotions and impulses, manage their sensory needs, and improve their ability to problem solve conflicts. It is a 12 week program consisting of 90 minutes weekly meeting. Classes are scheduled based on families availabilities.
Resilient Child is a 6 week parent-assisted program that will help boost your child's ability to bounce back from life's challenges and thrive. Teaching self-efficacy, problem solving skills, and coping skills provides them the tools they need to successfully respond to the challenges of childhood and adolescence.
Resilient children have the following attributes in common:
1. Social competence
2. Problem solving skills
4. Sense of purpose and future.
Social Skills at School is a 7 week course to teach children specific social skills to successfully maneuver the school environment. It covers:
1. Conversation (starting, joinging anf maintaining conversation, changing and interrupting topics)
2. Classroom (morning routines, schedule change, listening and following direction)
3. Cafeteria (waiting in line, menu change, where to sit)
4. PE (activities, team games, winning and losing)
5. Recess (asking someone to play, joining in)
6. Playing (games with friends (taking turns, winning and losing)
7. Feelings (dealing with anger and disappointment, waiting, responsibility)
Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills (PEERS®) is a 7-8 week, evidence-based, social skills intervention for children, adolescents or even adults who are interested in learning ways to help them make and maintain meaningful friendships. During each group session members are taught important social skills and are given the opportunity to practice these skills in session during relevant socialization activities.
This is a parent assisted program, parents are taught how to assist their child by providing feedback through coaching during weekly socialization homework assignments. Regular attendance is imperative. Parent participation is required.
Enrollment is limited. *Groups begin every 16 weeks, and enrollment is ongoing. Group placement is determined by clinician at intake appointment based on group dynamics. Please call or email email@example.com to begin the enrollment process.